Students would need to pass a rigorous selection in the academy, as places were limited. While courses and classes were structured according to the personality and specialism of its students, students would also take classes and units in generic subjects. There were no terms or semesters at the academy, and courses and classes would run on the basis of mutual agreement, as the academy was merited and funded based on the success of its students. Therefore, its selection process was extremely critical. Once institutionalised, students were each bestowed a personal chamber in the building where they could come and go at their own discretion, and students were in for life until the point of abdication (a point at which the student has reached the pinnacle of their achievement and cannot possibly do any better), at which point, new recruitment process would be set up to fill the empty space left by the student.
Notable ex-students and their majors include the following:
- José Rodríguez (majored in R.E., specialism Theology)
- Felipe Rodríguez (majored in Geography, specialism Maritime Studies)
- Alejandra Rodríguez (majored in Sociology, specialism Marital Studies)
- Chloe Rodríguez (majored in Biology, specialism Agriculture)
- Louiss Loral (majored in Language, specialism Poetry)
- Dianne Loral (majored in Biology, specialism Anthropology)
- Isabelle Oreille (majored in Music, specialism Aesthetics)
- Pierre Martel (majored in Music, specialism Opera)
- Randolph Spitzburg (majored in Politics, specialism War)
- Lysann Arageiner (majored in Law, specialism Citizenship)
- Seth Gladenssen (majored in Medicine, specialism Thaumaturgy)
The building is a dome surrounded by six towers, adjoined by a circular fortress connecting the dome with the surrounding towers. The personal chambers are located in the towers, while the classrooms are located in the fortress. The central dome houses the academy library. At the front of the academy is a grand atrium with staircases connecting the various levels. At the back of the academy is the refectory, kitchens and bathrooms.
The academy is situated at the apex of the Lorallian system, at 0 degrees to the meridian.